Smack Chat Stream
How to Play Derby Madness
- Select one horse from each of the four brackets.
- Choose a username & password.
- Confirm your selection and click the “Submit” button to enter your selection.
- The horses in each bracket have been seeded 1-8 by a panel of experts according to historical & predicted performance.
- Points will be awarded based on a combination of seed and race performance:
- A graded stakes "Win" earns 3 points multiplied by the horse's seed.
- A graded stakes "Place" earns 2 points multiplied by the horse's seed.
- A graded stakes "Show" earns 1 points multiplied by the horse's seed.
- In short, a lower-seeded horse stands to earn players more points than a higher-seeded horse. For example, if you draft a horse who is ranked #5 in its bracket, and this horse wins a graded stakes, you’ll earn the horse’s ranking (5) multiplied by 3, for 15 total points. If you draft a horse who is ranked #1 in its bracket, and this horse Places in a graded stakes, you’ll earn the horse’s ranking (1) multiplied by 2, for 2 total points.
- When does the contest start? The Derby Madness contest officially kicks off on 2/16/12. The first “scored” race will take place on 2/18/12.
- When does the contest end? Derby Madness will run through the Grade I Santa Anita Derby on 4/17/12.
- What are the prizes? The winner will receive 4 Tickets to the 2012 Breeders’ Cup at Santa Anita & a $2000 win bet on the Breeders’ Cup Classic.
- Can I change my horses once they’ve been selected? No, you cannot.
- What happens in the event of a tie? In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined via a tiebreaker.
- What is the tiebreaker? Eligible players will pick the final time of the Santa Anita Derby. Whoever is closest to the actual final time, wins.
- When is the Leaderboard updated? The Leaderboard will be updated daily. The day/time of the most recent update will be posted at the top of the Leaderboard.
- Do I receive points for races that occurred in the past? No, you will only receive points for races that occur beginning the day after your registration date. For example, you need to register and choose your horses on 2/18/12 to be eligible for points based on races that occur on 2/19/12.
- How are the Leaderboards ordered? Leaderboards are ordered according to registration date/time. If you have the same score as someone who is ahead of you on the Leaderboards, don't worry. It doesn't mean that you are actually ranked lower.